Saturday, November 20, 2010
I loved uni. So much, in fact, that I was there (in one degree or another) for - gasp - 12 years.
And what did I learn in that time?
1. Organic chemistry is not my specialty. Nor is physics.
2. Credit in the hands of teenagers is a bad idea.
3. Cheese fries with ranch dressing is yum (but doesn't do much for one's figure).
4. The best way to get exercise everyday is to go to a uni on top of a mountain (but watch out for the bears!).
5. Don't pass up opportunities - especially if they push your boundaries.
6. 2 1/2 months in remote Alaska is a loooooong time.
7. My brain works best in coffee shops. With a steaming cuppa in front of me.
8. It's ok to fall for your supervisor, as long as you convince him to settle down with you and have babies. And then you get to become his supervisor. (Right, darling?)
9. My parents are exceedingly tolerant.
10. Peanut butter and pickle on toast is a great combo. Seriously.
Which brings me to our recipe for today ... invented, not by me - but by one of the girls on my dormitory floor in my 2nd year of uni.
I have loved it ever since.
Peanut Butter and Pickles on Toast
*Ready in 5 minutes
The ingredients and the process
1. Toast 2 slices of your favourite wholemeal (or whatever) bread.
2. Smear with peanut butter - preferably a natural, nothing-added variety.
3. Top with dill pickles or sweet pickles or bread-and-butter pickles. (The ones above I made myself!)
5. Laugh, because you never imagined that non-pregnant people could appreciate a combo like this.
6. Return here to comment - and share your love (or hate) of this recipe. Or what you learned at uni. Or both!
Shall I cost this one? Really?
Ok - mine was 100% organic, and came to $1.00 a serve. Even a uni student can afford that!