Ode to the Coffee Grinder
I originally bought my coffee grinder to grind up flaxseeds ... but now I use it for so many different things. None of which involve coffee! (I'm too addicted to actually sitting in a cafe ... )
Here are a couple of my favourites:
Ground oats or ground nuts
1. To use as a flour in baking (for example, the Sunshine Waffles)
2. A great, natural exfoliator for face and body (try oats + almonds)
3. A Tbs in a smoothy adds extra fibre and thickness (try both together!)
Ground toasted pepitas and lemon peel
1. This is fantastic in hummus or on pasta or pizza ...
2. and it's a great way to use up the peel of the lemon
Grind your own flour
1. Out of brown rice flour and want to bake for a gluten-intolerant friend? You can grind your own. Just make sure there are no stones then grind the rice into flour in small batches.
2. You can also grind small legumes, like lentils, to use in baking.
Basically, as long as it's not too oily or too moist, the coffee grinder will do a great job pulverising things for you. I'm so happy I spent that $15 on mine!
If you have any great ideas for how to use a coffee grinder, please post a comment!