Tuesday, April 5, 2011
Oh, it's been a long, long time since I've had a breakup like this one. It was a long-term relationship ... and I did it over email. (What kind of person does that? I know, I know. Evil. Heartless. Cruel.)
It's just ... I felt like I deserved more. You know, consistency. Quality. A back massage whenever I ask for it (uh, sorry - that just slipped out ... ) Anyway, I always had a little doubt in the back of my head/gut/heart about this relationship. I just finally listened.
And broke it off.
Only to find myself
in love. Love. LOVE.
Well you may have guessed it, but I've hooked myself up with a new produce delivery - the awesome 'social business' Food Connect, who source seasonal fruit and veggies from farmers within a 5 hour radius of Brisbane (or Sydney, or Adelaide) and get it to us urbanites. This produce is local and it's sustainable - all the farmers practice organic or chemical-free growing methods.
And there's more:
- they tell you about the farms that supply for the week
- they use cardboard (rather than styrofoam) boxes and recycle them
- you pick up your delivery from a 'city cousin' in your area, which means your daughter can entertain other like-minded locals while you sort out your box of goodies
- they organise farm tours for Food Connect families
- there's soon to be a commercial kitchen where they'll run cooking classes (!!)
- the produce (as you can see) is bea-u-ti-ful
- it's incredible value-for-money
- plus you can order extra stuff - like 2 kgs of saucing tomatoes (for a few $)
Ah, the sweet sweet joy of new love. The feeling of infinite possibility. The satisfaction of knowing that this time - oh yes - I have made the right choice. This one's a keeper.
PS. No actual marriage/partnership/de facto relationship/cohabitation/potential one-day engagement was harmed in the writing of this post.